Friday 30 January 2009

Dogs in colour?

I have been experimenting with using selective desaturation on my dog photographs. I found that as my photos were taken at different times and with different cameras they lacked consistancy when printed and viewed together. Converting to black and white seemed to improve this a great deal but I felt it was a shame to discard all the colour as some of the pics definitely do not look as good in b&w. The solution I have been experimenting with is only using colour to highlight the dogs themselves and leaving the backgrounds b&w. This is a manual process in photoshop so it will take quite a long time to do all the 100 dogs (8 hours if it takes 5 mins per photo, some will take much longer!!) so want to be very sure this is the best way to present the photographs before I edit them all, decisions, decisions...


(two examples)












No comments: