Tuesday 28 April 2009

Speaking From Experience: Project Proposal

This brief is about giving help and advice to next year's first year students starting on my course. The problems I identified from my own experiences were:

1) How to live on a student buget?
I get money 3 times a year rather than weekly when I worked, budgeting has been essential.

2) How to cope living in halls with other students?
This turned out to be ok (mostly) in my experience but it's something I was very worried about before I moved in!

3) How do you develop the essential skills you need for the course?
Adobe software and marker pen technique.

4) How to be a good student?
Never be late, forget about your social life between holidays.

5) How to find your way around Leeds and avoid getting lost?
We've all done it.


I chose the avoiding getting lost idea because I thought it may bring more scope for interesting work (we shall see).
I am going to make some sort of guide to help new student fond there way around from place to place in Leeds. I was surprised not to be handed this sort of guide myself when I started so I think it will defiantly be of benefit to new students.

To achieve this I am thinking of making a pack which will include a useful sized pocketbook that can be kept in a wallet or purse. Also I think a wall poster will be good, as new students moving into halls are always on the look out for a poster to fill the mass of magnolia you are faced with when you first move in.

No comments: